The Job Search

As you know I am currently unemployed. Which is a major bummer. After having a solid job for fours years straight I got use to having one. It's weird I always thought I would prefer not to have to have a job but now that I don't I want one. It sucks not having money. Not because I want to buy stuff, cause I don't. I've had plenty of chances to spend the little bit of money I have on frivolous things but just haven't been in the mood to be a consumer.

But I have been proactive, as much as I can be without a car to go searching for work. I have actively applied for four different positions in the last three days. All at local colleges and one at a bank for a financial advisor (on the job training). I have a phone call coming in for the bank to talk about a interview set up so let's keep our fingers crossed. I would like to have some sort of employment before the first of February.

In the mean time I have been looking around for other ways I can make some cash while I wait. I've signed up for Google Adsense and Amazon Associates for this blog, and I'm thinking about put my other blog and website on the account. I have a website for my fictional writing and I get a pretty steady stream of business on there. I have some diehard readers that come by on the regular. Speaking of writing I've been looking for competitions to enter to gain some revenue plus get my name out there. Anything and everything (that's legal of course) I'm looking into.

I have a massive paperback collection. About five or so boxes worth of books in my parents storage. They have been in there over a year now. I figured since I haven't really missed them I can start selling them on Amazon, they are all in excellent order. I was taught how to maintain a paperback collection and how to repair said paperbacks for commercial resale. So my paperbacks are practically like new. At least they were before going into storage, there is no telling how they are now. But I have some books that I kept out of storage that I can start with.

I'll keep you all posted about how this all works out.

0 comments:


up