Losing Weight at a Discount

You know sometimes it pays to click on a random ad. Today when I logged onto my music "subscription", Ruckus (I'll tell you about that at another time) there was an ad for the National Body Challenge. For a while now I have been trying to lose a decent amount of weight, for various reasons. I can't claim to have tried many different diets, my Mom can though. You see I have an unnatural fear of vegetables. It goes behind the whole not liking vegetables, no they actually cause me fear. Over the years I've been trying to ad more and different types of vegetables, but it's going very slowly. At present I can stomach peas, corn, small doses of Alfredo drenched broccoli, onions, small amounts of carrots and that's about it.

I have tried two of the main stream diets, Weight Watchers and Slim Fast. I have strong opinions of both, the main one being they aren't budget/frugal friendly. Weight Watchers basis of going to meetings is a good one, I mean it's much easier when you feel like you have to answer to someone. And even though they say it's about community, come on who isn't going to be a little competitive in an area like that. Slim Fast, is advertised as free, which in a way they have one up on Weight Watchers, you can easily go online and use their tools and website for free. (Weight Watchers online tools is part of their Weight Watchers Online program and cost roughly the same as going to the meetings programs.) But Slim Fast is really geared around their products that are not cheap at all. It's hard to substitute regular food when they say have a Slim Fast Meal Replacement bar for Lunch...well does that mean for us normal folks?

So at first I was a bit skeptical of the NBC program. So I clicked on the ad and it took me to the Discovery health website, so far so good. So why am I psyched about this challenge. Well for starters its completely free. The package is amazing to be free, you get:

  1. An 8-week free membership to a Bally Total Fitness
  2. Customized meal plans
  3. Progressive fitness plans, tailored to you by professional experts
  4. Diverse community support (It's called the National Body Challenge for a reason.)
  5. Individualized weight and fitness trackers
  6. Various videos and interactive tools
  7. Plus more!

There is one set back...it's only a 8 week challenge From January 5 2008 to March 2 2008. But I'm sure the information you learn both on the website and on TV you can easily take it with you to keep for life. Another important note is that the you can potential register anytime doing the 8 weeks but the 8 week pass to Bally Fitness is available until the 15 of January (11:59pm).

If your reading this after the end of it...don't worry it's a yearly thing. If I have a great experience this year, I plan on doing it again next year.

0 comments:


up