Job Search: The Third Interview

Well the interview went like an interview. I didn't get a good feeling nor a bad feeling from it so I can't even start to say if I have a chance. I should know either way within a week to ten days. It took about 30 minutes, and that was because I had to do a mock memo. The position has changed a bit, but it's still something I want to go after. Instead of being in the IT department I would work part of my time in the outreach community center and the other part I would be a floater between branches. It's still part time but I get benefits because it's an upgrade in titles.

Speaking of benefits, here's theirs: I would get Vacation and Sick leave (48 hours/year), holiday pay if the holiday falls on a day I'm scheduled to work. Retirement plan, I would make a 6% pre-tax contribution, and they make a contribution also (it doesn't say how much though). Health Insurance through Blue Care HMO, with a premium of $136.09 biweekly. Also a deferred compensation program that allows employees to supplement retirement income by deferring a portion of current salary before it's taxed. They have other benefits too that aren't explained in the brochure, saving bonds, direct deposit, a credit union, employee assistance program, pre-tax health insurance premiums, internal promotion policy.


All in all I'm slightly disappointed because it's not the position I originally wanted but it's still a good deal.

0 comments:


up