Vacationing From the Edge: Introductions part 3 - Family

Note: This was once part of one giant post but I have decided to break it up into smaller parts, so that the post isn't that long to read!

Last time I talked about my Money Troubles, and before that I talked about my Post Graduation Blues, this I talk about another major stress for me...My Family...*sigh*

3) My Family

Another big source of woes is my family. Okay so my father has been jobless since May of 2003, that’s really, where things got bad for us. He had a well paying job and quit it because God told him to. I don’t know what God told him but I do know that we have suffered mightily for it. And every year since then it has been the same, "our time is coming" speech, but meanwhile he gets pissy at my mom over everything and does nothing all day. At first he was trying to get a job within a church, he’s a Preacher. But no church has called him to be their pastor, but almost every weekend my mom has to shell out money so he can go and preach all over the state. My younger brother is disrespectful and thinks he should get all that he wants because he does. My older sister is a moocher and can’t understand why she can’t make ends meet. My sister didn’t go to college but has a well paying job at a bank. With a budget and some frugal living ways, my sister could be financial stable. But she won’t listen to me; her answer to making a budget is she is too poor to have a budget. My mom has a weird way of thinking when it comes to living frugal and really is wasting money severely. She too refuses to make a budget, saying that her one paycheck isn’t enough for the three of them, now the four of us. Again, a proper budget, frugal living ways and a new mind set, could make it work. But my pleas fall on deaf ears, and now I must pay for their mistakes.

Vacationing From the Edge: Introductions part 4 - Me

0 comments:


up