Vacationing From the Edge: Introductions part 1

Note: This was once part of one giant post but I have decided to break it up into smaller parts, so that the post isn't that long to read!

So it has begun, today is the last day of 2007 and I have nothing to show for it, no wait, I take that back I recently just accomplished something that not many people can say. I graduated from college I have a Bachelors degree. Unfortunately, this joyous occasion is tarred, for I am literally tottering on the edge of sanity. Why is this you might ask? Well it's really a mixture of things, I'll go through them one by one, mainly to help you understand where I am and for me to get it off my chest.

I'll start with:

1) Post Graduation Blues

So I graduate less than two weeks ago and I want to go back to school already. Well in a way, I want to go back. Really, it's just that I want something to do with my life. School gave my life a purpose. You see I'm not that very socialable, in fact I'm pretty much anti-social to a degree. I can make friends easily but I don't keep because I don't stay in touch. Before I would shrug this off and go and make a new friend, but as I grow older I realize I grow tired of the getting to know someone ever year or so. College was the first time I really stayed in touch with various people; through class and work, I had amassed a good collection of friends. Of course, through the years I lost some and made new ones, part of life. But the ones I had when I graduate I hope to keep in my life for a long time. Now that I am out of that atmosphere, I fear that I will sink back into my anti-social ways. Another factor that is creating these blues is that I no longer have a source to feed my need to learn, I love to learn. I love to go to class and take notes; it's just something that makes me happy. Another thing that makes me happy is buying school/office supplies. I can spend countless hours pouring over a Office Depot catalog looking at the different types of pens and such that they have. It's a weird vice, I know. But it's what I like. Now that I'm out of college, I have no reason to stock up on such items. But that change the fact that I want to. I don't have the money to stock up so I haven't, I have bought a few items...a new expanding file folder and some legal pads.

Vacationing From the Edge: Introductions part 2 - Money Troubles

0 comments:


up